Pizza, Espresso and street food
Naples is often called the Italian capital of street food....
Naples is often called the Italian capital of street food. Even just a stroll through the alleyways of the historic center, while savoring traditional Neapolitan delicacies, will allow you to capture the true soul of the city. With the Naples street food tour, we will immerse ourselves in the wonderful historic center of the city, in a labyrinth of palaces of great value and visit the most popular restaurants and delis, tasting all the nuances that Neapolitan street food has to offer.
You'll sample the following street food specialties, depending on seasonal availability:
- Espresso - the best coffee in Italy is drunk in Naples. You'll try it in one of the most historic bars in Naples, renowned throughout the world.
- Handmade Neapolitan Tarallo - represents the most traditional street food in Naples. A salty and crumbly cookie, with a pinch of black pepper, almonds and, even more importantly, with lard, an essential ingredient that can give the tarallo that unique taste.
- Pizza a portafoglio - so called because of the technique used by locals to eat it: the pizza must, in fact, be folded several times and eaten while walking.
- Cuoppo - a delicious cone full of fried morsels of various types. It has been the symbol of Neapolitan street food since the 19th century and never ceases to amaze with its little balls of rice, vegetables and much more!
- Crocchè - potato croquettes with a soft, stringy heart of provola or mozzarella cheese. Not to be missed!
- Meatballs with tomato sauce - among the best in Naples, to be served accompanied by freshly baked bread, impossible not to dip it in the sauce! Babà - traditional Neapolitan dessert. Famous all over the world for its mushroom shape. Not to be missed.