Constanta Art Museum
Established on the basis of the painting and sculpture collection, coming from the Pinacoteca of the City Hall of Constanţa, the museum was enriched with works transferred from the National Museum of Art
Established on the basis of the painting and sculpture collection, coming from the Pinacoteca of the City Hall of Constanţa, the museum was enriched with works transferred from the National Museum of Art and through acquisitions and the donation of jones.
The objects are exhibited on three levels of the two buildings, connected to each other; the first construction dated 1895, having elements of exterior decoration in neoclassical style, the other, modern, built between 1980-1982.
In the first building, on the ground floor, reference works signed by Theodor Aman, Nicolae Grigorescu and Ioan Andreescu are highlighted. Stefan Luchian is present with some still lifes with flowers. The exhibition on the ground floor of the museum is complete with works signed by great sculptors of the same era: Ioan Georgescu, Ştefan Ionescu Valbudea, Friederic Storck, Dimitrie Paciurea.
On the 1st floor, the ceiling of a large Pallady Hall supports no less than 35 works by the artist: static natures and exceptional nudes, ca. small and compositions signed by Ion Jalea, Cornel Medrea and other sculptors.
The 2nd floor extensively presents the "Group of 4", a reference composition of the arts of the years 1924 - 1933: Nicolae N. Tonitza, Ştefan Dimitrescu, Francisc Şirato and sculptor Oscar Han.
In the second building there are compositions, portraits and landscapes in a suite of works signed by Camil Ressu, Sabin Popp, Ion Theodorescu Sion and others. Vasile Popescu, Dimitrie Ghiaţă, Ion Ţuculescu, Lucian Grigorescu are present in other halls. Some works due to Corneliu Mihailescu, M. H. Maxy, Magdalena Rădulescu, Marcel Iancu (these being some of the important representatives of the "avant-garde") connect with the contemporary art of Ion Musceleanu, Spiru Chintilştilă, Ion Pacliştilă.